Growing Young Cohort: FAQs
Got Questions? We have answers!
Who should attend the summits?
We allow each church to bring up to 4 team members to each summit. In addition to considering youth and young adult ministry staff or volunteers, we strongly recommend including a representative from both of the following groups:
- Senior leaders (such as a senior pastor, executive pastor, elder, or a similar role). Given the key part that senior leaders play in the culture of the overall church, we’ve especially designed this research and the resulting resources to speak to their needs and interests. This is a great opportunity for your church to involve senior leaders from the start.
- Young adults (especially those in the 19-29 year-old range). Much of the discussion during the summits will focus on ministry to teenagers and emerging adults. You’ll position your team to receive immediate and relevant feedback regarding potential opportunities and challenges by involving a young adult in the discussion right off the bat.
Do you have scholarship options?
Yes we do! The generous Fuller Youth Institute community offers opportunities for churches in need of a little support. Details and application will be made available once you register.
How do I know if the Growing Young Cohort is right for me?
You have a handful—or even hundreds—of teenagers and young adults in your congregation, but you’re not sure what to do with them. They are excited to go deeper, and you know they’re looking for opportunities. You need a strategy, and you’re ready to get to work.
Honestly? Teenagers and young adults are missing from your congregation. On top of that, they seem to intimidate—or even turn off—a decent portion of your current attendees. But you’ve come to terms with the fact that if you don’t start growing young, your church might not be around for much longer. Something has to change.
Your church offers decent young adult programs and you’re feeling good about your team’s ability to innovate. But you’re way too busy and are having trouble cultivating that coveted innovation opportunity among your church team. You’re ready to try something new.
There are a few young people who show up at your church, but you don’t really know why. You wish you could get to know them, but taking that first step makes you more nervous than the time you asked out your first date. But you’re determined to engage with them. You and your team want to build ministry capacity and confidence. You just need a little help.
As you can see, there’s a wide spectrum of churches that belong in our cohort. And when you join us, you'll get the opportunity to:
- Get that team time you’ve been wanting but can’t seem to create.
- Find answers to your hardest questions about teenagers and young adults.
- Bounce ideas off of a mentor coach dedicated to your success.
- Meet peer churches as excited as you are about the future.