Teaching Moment or Party Time?
The Super Bowl is one of our nation’s milestones.
Yearly, we all face an unofficial weekend holiday that demands total attention for five hours on Sunday afternoon. It’s not hard to make an argument that Super Bowl Sunday is culturally equal to Thanksgiving—at least in portion sizes.
Lately, a lot of press has been given to the darker side of the NFL’s championship:
- Could it trigger heart attacks? (CNN)
- Legal issues for churches (Church Law)
- Dallas becomes a center for human trafficking (Reuters)
- Catwalk for Companies (New York Times)
- Pinnacle of food consumption and activities
With so many storylines, should you just watch the game? Or should you use it as a teaching moment?
More From Us
Sign up for our email today and choose from one of our popular free downloads sent straight to your inbox. Plus, you’ll be the first to know about our sales, offers, and new releases.