More tips for soon-to-be college frosh
Yesterday I posted a list of The Top 20 Tips for New Freshman that my friend, April Diaz, and her team at New Song Church in Irvine compiled for their graduating seniors. I love this idea as a simple way to let your graduating seniors know you care about them. As your students are getting ready to head for college, why don’t you ask your volunteer leaders or youth group alumni to shoot you a few tips and then compile them into a list you can send your own kids? April’s group also came up with these “Bonus 19” tips geared more for fun. Maybe they will spark your thinking…
Bonus FUN Tips to make the most out of college:
- Adding some spinach and eggs to instant ramen makes it a little healthier.
- Get a stapler.
- Pasta is your friend.
- Dont get a fake ID!
- Take a dance class at the gym with a few friends.
- Red Bull and crazy amounts of caffeine really arent your friend.
- Become an expert sandwich maker.
- Wear flip flops in the shower, but not running to class in the rain.
- It’s OK to wear sweats to class (just not smelly, sweaty and dirty ones).
- Always keep an extra sweatshirt in your car.
- Freeze leftovers so you have a quick go-to meal in case of emergencies.
- Always carry gum, candy, or mints in your backpack to prevent you from falling asleep during lectures.
- Own a simple tool set.
- Invest in a bathrobe and waterproof toiletry basket (for all your shower needs).
- Know where the closest supermarket, movie theater, mall, and at least 3 different coffee houses around the area (they get crowded during finals).
- Go to sports games.
- A library is good for reading, research AND naps.
- Take pictures.
- Go to the gym (since it’s most likely the only free gym membership you’ll ever have).
More From Us
Sign up for our email today and choose from one of our popular free downloads sent straight to your inbox. Plus, you’ll be the first to know about our sales, offers, and new releases.