Help for Bipolar Teens
This week Ypulse posted an interview with psychologist Russ Federman, coauthor of Facing Bipolar: The Young Adult’s Guide to Dealing With Bipolar Disorder. I thought the interview was an insightful quick view into the lives of teens and young adults who deal with this on a daily basis, and this book looks like it could be a helpful resource for youth workers.
The interview also includes a list of web-based resources, which Im reposting here as a resource to you, particularly if you know kids and families who struggle with bipolar disorder or symptoms:
BipolarYoungAdult.com Website with about the book Facing Bipolar as well as strong resource information about bipolar disorder
- National Institute of Mental Health- Bipolar Disorder Booklet Comprehensive (downloadable) booklet on bipolar disorder.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance- national organization with comprehensive information, links, media information and membership options for those with bipolar disorder
- K12 Academics Bipolar Disorder- A national organization with topics pertinent to education, including important medical/psychological issues. The site provides excellent information about bipolar disorder
- Pendulum.org- A national nonprofit resource for bipolar disorder information, support and education
- Mayo Clinic Bipolar Information- A nationally recognized provider of medical services with a website providing thorough and reputable information about bipolar disorder
- Healthy Place Bipolar Information- A thorough and informative educational and support website devoted to bipolar disorder
- HelpGuide.com Bipolar Self-help and Support- A nonprofit organization devoted to providing education, health and support to individuals and families facing mental health issues. Excellent information provided about bipolar disorder
- TeensHealth.org Bipolar Information- A website devoted to physical and mental health-related issues for teenagers. Excellent information provided about bipolar disorder
- MedLine Plus Bipolar Disorder- A website with thorough information about bipolar disorder sponsored by the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health.
- Bipolar Hope- An informational website for the hard copy magazine Bipolar Hope a nicely done monthly magazine publication for those with bipolar disorder
- Depressed Teens- An education and advocacy group through the Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
More From Us
Sign up for our email today and choose from one of our popular free downloads sent straight to your inbox. Plus, you’ll be the first to know about our sales, offers, and new releases.