About the Kid Table
This weeks E-Journal includes a feature from Kara that puts in writing some concepts weve been including in our FYI speaking and consulting for a couple of years now, in particular the metaphor of the Kid Table and the 5:1 Ratio.
A few years ago we wrote this article as we were beginning to explore a theology, or more specifically an ecclesiology, of intergenerational youth ministry. In it we included the following list to help describe what we mean when we talk about intergenerational. What would you add/change/delete?
- Ministry strategies are sensitive to the developmental resources of children and adults of all stages as they relate to the Christian formation and development of teenagers.
- Ministry strategies recognize the developmental resources of teenagers to contribute to the Christian formation and development of children and adults.
- Ministry strategies foster relationships within and between generational boundaries.
- Ministry strategies recognize both top-down (originating with the senior leadership) and bottom-up (originating with congregational members or staff) influences in shaping the life of the congregation.
- Ministry strategies promote intergenerational hospitality.
- Ministry strategies promote intergenerational worship.
- Ministry strategies lend themselves to intergenerational service.
More From Us
Sign up for our email today and choose from one of our popular free downloads sent straight to your inbox. Plus, you’ll be the first to know about our sales, offers, and new releases.