Urban Youth Ministry Fund Development Panel
Kara Powell interviews Youth for Christ leaders Lisa Gintz and Scott Arnold and Young Life leaders Orbi Gonzales and Bebe Hobson. The group shares insights and lessons learned about raising funds to start and sustain urban youth ministries.
- What Scriptural principles or passages have shaped your own fund development practice?
- What 1-2 new ideas did you pick up about identifying and build relationships with new donors?
- What sort of communication plan have you developed to stay in touch with donors? How do these youth workers’ insights affirm and challenge that plan?
- What strategies can you utilize to calm yourself before meeting with donors, and how will you handle a “No”?
- What keeps you going or inspires you when you don’t feel like doing the hard work of fund development? How did these youth workers’ insights bolster your resolve to keep it up?